Telling your story in textiles, Finding your own voice, Britta Ankenbauwer
There are a lot of crafters and textile artists knowing nearly all textile techniques and having done a lot of workshops to learn how to make beautiful textile art or craft. Sometimes you feel overwhelmed or stuck. Or you cannot follow the proposed step by step exercises – you want to make it in our own way.
We will start with simple methods and experimental work through your textile materials. You will find out more about your style and your way to see and observe the world. The course will help to stretch your creative muscle through different explorative approaches and to start (or continue) successfully sketchbook work and further experimental developing. Additionally – as everyone in the course has another visual and material story to tell – you will see and communicate in the group about other inspiring approaches. At the end of the course you have a series of textile samples and some tools to explore continually that way to emerge as a textile crafter and artist. The course structure:
- Exploring what you love in textile arts: materials, techniques, artists
- Express your own ideas: how do you see the world?
- What’s about your style
- Finding methods to stretch your creative approach
- Start your own way for sketchbook work
- Get confidence in your own techniques, repeating isn’t only pattern
- Learn how to develop further experimental work of your own sources
- Get in contact and communication with coursemates
- How to continue at home